Tuesday 8 January 2013


This was the first book by Janice Horton that I read and I absolutely loved it!  Janice has a wonderful writing style and like his fans I also fell in love with Finn McDuff who is the central character. He just oozes charm and sex appeal and in my very vivid imagination I could see Daniel Craig playing him if this was ever made into a movie! Yes I know I have an over-active imagination! Very quickly into the story the reader can't help but be charmed by Finn and care about what happens to him.

 Finn is a sexy celebrity chef with a reputation to go with his lovely new and much sought after award. However, as Finn finds out, reaching for those golden stars does not guarantee happiness and he is forced to make decisions that he never contemplated before. Finn becomes so overwhelmed with the celebrity lifestyle that he shuns it and disappears. This self imposed exile however only perks the interest of the celebrity hunters and the press!

Where is Finn McDuff? Can he change his life? Will the press be a help or a hindrance? Love and support comes from the most unlikely of places but will Finn accept it and what will be the consequences if he does? Will his public love him or hate him? So many questions! Buy the book and find out! You won't be disappointed!

 

5 Responses so far.

  1. Uh-oh, now I've defnitely got Daniel C firmly in mind as a moody, broody Finn. Yep, it does it for me! Love it! FAB review, girls. Well done, Janice and JB! :) xx

  2. Janice says:

    Thanks you for such a fabulous review and a totally spot on round up of what the story is about!

    Yes, I can see Daniel as Finn, too, with his rugged sexy looks and tough exterior - but that wasn't who I was thinking of when I wrote him - but I'm keeping that to myself!

    Thanks for reading and reviewing, JB, and hope that your blog readers will enjoy reading Reaching for the Stars too. It's on Amazon for Kindle and at a special low price right now for January. :)

    love, Janice xx

  3. Mandy says:

    I loved this book! Great review! Hmm Daniel Craig - there's an idea!

  4. Melanie says:

    I loved this book! And yes, I could see Daniel Craig playing the disgruntled, disillusioned Finn MacDuff.

    Brilliant review, Jonty!

  5. I too loved this book and Chef McDuff was a really great hero! Janice Horton's books have that wonderful, real-life feel to them and I love all that tartan!

- Copyright © 2013-2014 Brook Cottage Books - Powered by Blogger - Graphics & Blog Customization by JellydogDesign