Monday 22 December 2014

Torn by Gilli Allan
Release Date: 14th December 2014
Publisher: Accent Press
Genres: Contemporary Literature

Jess has made a series of bad life choices and all have let her down.
Escaping London, she sets out to recreate herself in the idyllic countryside, and this time she wants to get it right!
She wants to lead a responsible, tranquil life with her young son Rory, but soon discovers stresses which pull her in opposing directions – conflict over a new bypass, between friends, and worst of all, between lovers.

Educated, experienced, and pragmatic, James is a widowed farmer whose opinions differ from, and enrage, Jess. His young shepherd, Danny, is an uneducated and inexperienced idealist. Jess is attracted to them both, and realizes if she wants her idyllic countryside life to survive, she must choose her Mr Right. The only problem is.........which one is he?


About Gilli Allan
 

Love may be a central theme, but the books I write are not conventional romances. I try to write honestly, refusing to romanticise the downsides and the pitfalls in modern relationships. I am now published by Accent Press, but it's been a long and tortuous road to get to this point.
Although my career was as an illustrator, I suspect I've always been a writer. Long before I was capable of committing more than a few laborious sentences to the page I routinely developed long and complex stories in my head, peopled typically with fairies, princes and princesses and the sons and daughters of red-Indian chieftains. I began writing the 'book I wanted to read' when I was ten, inspired by my older sister. She was writing a Regency romance, but through my own teenage I began many rather gloomy, contemporary, stories - never finishing any of them. Doubtless I was compensating, through my romantic fantasies, for my lack of a real love life. I left school at 16 with just enough exam passes to go on to Art College - I now realise that I am on the mild end of the dyslexia spectrum - and eventually got a job in advertising.

When I stopped work to have my son, I started writing again. The first two novels I ever finished were immediately taken on by a new independent publisher, Love Stories, but it failed to achieve the marketing, promotion and distribution necessary to achieve success for itself or for its new authors. It folded after a few years and since those days the world of publishing has changed dramatically. After a period in the wilderness I decided to self-publish my novels TORN, LIFE CLASS and FLY or FALL, but I have now been rescued by Accent, for which I thank them. 



https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16046340-torn?ac=1

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Torn-Gilli-Allan-ebook/dp/B00R1FQ1QE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1418912231&sr=8-1&keywords=torn+by+gilli+allan http://www.amazon.com/Torn-Gilli-Allan-ebook/dp/B00R1FQ1QE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1418912688&sr=8-1&keywords=torn+by+gilli+allan        





One Response so far.

  1. Thank you for this, Jonty. I am thrilled to be here .... It if wasn't for my supportive and cheerleading friends, I probably wouldn't be. I am utterly thrilled to be published again.
    Gillixx

- Copyright © 2013-2014 Brook Cottage Books - Powered by Blogger - Graphics & Blog Customization by JellydogDesign