Friday 11 September 2015

Love Yoga by Serge de Moliere

Release Date: 30th April 2015
Publisher: Etopia Press
Genres: Erotica


Brook Cottage Books is thrilled to welcome Serge de Moliere to the blog with an author interview. But first, lets find out about his latest book.


Morgan is one of the few African American yoga instructors in town. After her studies in India with the legendary Swami Monda, students flock to her classes. But without her  own studio, money remains tight, and her personal life is a wreck after the last man in her life cheated on her.

When an attractive man enters her yoga studio, Morgan is instantly drawn to him. When she discovers the attraction is mutual, things quickly escalate, taking a dramatic and passionate turn. Eli is like no other man she's ever met, and that includes his incredible sexual prowess.

But when Morgan's past comes back to haunt her, she finds herself forced to turn to Eli. Are her hopes and dreams safe with this seemingly too-perfect man? Or will Morgan end up once again as a man’s sex toy?


Author Interview

 
Do you write under your real name or is this a pen name you use?


I write under my name and yes I am a male romance writer, which is not all that common even in these more enlightened times. Watch out Nicholas Sparks!


Where are you from?


I was born in Paris France but was raised my entire life in New York City.


Did you write as a child?


I wrote little odds and ends. The themes were usually fantasy based but more often done in connection with school fun projects than on my own. No erotic romances penned back then!!! I reserved that for later years.


What was the first thing you ever had published?


My first published novella was “Love Yoga” by Etopia Press which is an erotic romance between two people of different races. The protagonist is an African American yoga instructor, which makes it rather unique for this genre. I wrote it on a whim when the idea popped into my head and then decided to try to get it published. And voila, it was! It’s quite hot and racy but, as most of my stories, has a strong, central love story that is more emotional than sexual.


Do you have a writing routine?


Yes. I write five or six days a week and try to be as disciplined as possible.  However, I do not always at the same time of day, which depends largely on my schedule. I may at times be oblivious of time if I’m “on a roll” during an evening or weekend, especially if the events and story are just streaming out of me, which occasionally happens. Other times I will vary by switching   from   romance novellas to   short stories and occasionally poems. This usually prevents writers block from slowing me down.


Do you have any writing rituals?


I like to be inspired and the source may be other writers (Anais Nin, for example, or Shakespeare) or music (e.g Pink). Occasionally eve a TV show or film may yield the germ of an idea which I will then run with. I loved the characters in the film, Ex Machina although I have yet to incorporate a similar theme into an original story.

 
Do you have a current work in progress?


Yes. I almost always have a work in progress. Inspiration is a deliberate process. Right now, I’m working on a romance which will probably be the longest novella I’ve written so far. It is a multi-cultural romance that   starts in NY and reaches its climax (both figuratively and literally!) in Sweden. I think it will be my best so far and certainly my lengthiest. As with most of my novellas it does have some rather hot scenes although love is at its center.


Where did the idea for your book come from? 


I usually draw on real life experiences which I then elaborate or tweak for dramatic purposes. A core of reality is quite helpful, I find, in developing story ideas and characters.  For example, the protagonist in “Love Yoga” was based in part on several different yoga teachers I have encountered. Also, the love dilemma was derived from one actually faced by a friend of mine. Of course the sequence of events and the personalities of the characters then veered off from reality in a more exciting way. And the more spicy scenes are creatively endowed. I shudder to think that any of my friends think I’m peeping in at their private lives!!!


Who was the first person you gave the book to to read?


I gave it to a good friend of mine who usually doesn’t read romance or erotic romance novellas. I thought that would make her feedback more objective. She was quite surprised and actually enjoyed it, thank goodness!


Do you have any advice for budding authors?


I enjoy passing on the same advice I’ve been given: write and keep writing no matter what they say!



- Copyright © 2013-2014 Brook Cottage Books - Powered by Blogger - Graphics & Blog Customization by JellydogDesign