Thursday 8 October 2015

The Snowboat by Capella Van Ryan 
Release Date: 31st July 2015
Publisher:Austin Macauley
Genres: Thriller / mystery / suspense

Brook Cottage Books is thrilled to welcome Capella Van Ryan to the blog and for agreeing to this great author interview.

AUTHOR INTERVIEW 

Do you write under your real name or is this a pen name you use?

Yes, I had my surname changed to Van Ryan six years ago for writing.

Where are you from?

I was born in Letterkenny Ireland.

Did you write as a child?

All the time. It was my greatest love as a child. Writing was always a part of what I wanted to do in later life.

What was the first thing you ever had published?

'The Snowboat' published by Austin Macauley Publishers Ltd.

Do you have a writing routine?

I write every day, although this has changed recently since being on demand with emails, tweets, and other messages. Up until then I would write throughout the night for peace and inspiration, keeping up through unusual hours. Now I work seven days a week from morning until early evening.

Do you have any writing rituals? 

My hours are never wavered. I am passionate about what I do so will never allow anything less important to interfere with my work. I always do yoga or Pilates before I write to relax my mind and get my blood and creativity flowing. The buzz is what helps me think in a more detailed way. I am never a good writer until I have done my workouts; workouts are a big part of my writing ability. Also, I always have scented candles lit while I write and a mini water fountain running.  

Do you have a current work in progress?

Yes, working on my fifth book in this series. With over one thousand poems, at last count I had started ten other novels, however I just don’t have time to get around to these at the minute, but I do have a mountain of notes pertaining to them.

Where did the idea for your book come from?

A career in writing was what I always wanted to get into, I took inspiration from literally everything, such as conversations, laughter which would strike a chord, certain smells I love, including those occasions that only come once a year like Christmas and such; the seasons in general.
Mostly the idea came from the woman I long to be. Due to where I am from (a small town) it is difficult to be who you are or long to change into, so my need to feel free and unrestricted is a huge part of what I want in life therefore writing gives this to me. It allows me to tempt fate in a way I wish I could in life. I become a criminal in thoughts in only the way some people make me feel like becoming. Also because I am very serious about becoming a career author opposed to a one hit wonder I travel extensively to get new ideas. People I have been privileged to meet enrich my ideas, certain aspects of those people have been moulded into my characters. 

My past history, my present feeling of being trapped and my future hopes to escape all play apart in my creativity. English was forever my favourite and best subject at school, therefore I spent a lot of time taking in everything I learnt from class to help me later on with my novels. I read all the time, many different genres, in order for my mind not to become stale in any one capacity. I watch a lot of documentaries to learn about places which maybe too dangerous to physically visit. Studying a lot about phycology to express the mind and its dark rooms better. 

My husband teaches me a great deal about body guarding and medical so I know what it is to accurately describe what it is to shoot a gun, pull a trigger, how to achieve other things with regards to murder, what bodies are like when they die, as he has had extensive first-hand experience with dealing with such things in his work. He trains me in this in order to help my descriptions. When we lived in America my husband and I visited gun ranges for us to practice. 

Owning my own personal fitness company when I lived in America, fitness has always been an important part of my life ever since I was a teenager and as it helps me think clearer I have also featured this is my second book the sequel of ‘The Snowboat’. Spending a great deal of time in Switzerland as the people and the scenery inspire me like no other place I have known. My motivation is to earn enough money to live in Switzerland one day after a long career because there I am able to be me, Capella Van Ryan.      
    
Who was the first person you gave the book to, to read?

My husband, Colin Gibson. 

Do you have any advice for budding authors?

Never listen to people who tell you that you can't, won't or have the ability to write. If someone has a dream, then that is a part of them yearning to come out, screaming to be free, give yourself the chance to live the life you deserve. The life you truly and obviously desire. No one will be happier for you than you. Negativity has a way of indefinitely preventing talent to blossom in order to be seen, read and appreciated. A dream is a part of you, as is a limb and one's heart we are no good without the drug we so dearly need to fuel our life. 


 
Book Blurb  

Nicolette wasn't always every man's dream but she knew exactly what she wanted and how to get it. By being in the background, observing what made a woman desirable to all men, Nicolette mastered her appearance and her mannerisms to perfection to the point she became the centre of attention wherever she went.

When a wealthy businessman proposes after days of meeting Nicolette, she is shocked and unsure of what the future holds as they barely know one another. The idea of being more important than money and a man's work, happy and in love consumes her and she hopes love will blossom.
Unfortunately, married life is never easy, and in this case becomes worse than anything ever imagined.

Author Bio  


Capella Van Ryan was born in Letterkenny, County Donegal, Ireland on October seventh 1984. Developing a passion for writing at a very young age after her mother died from breast cancer, finding it a means of therapy and escapism. Starting her career path as a paramedic instructor, moving onto become a personal trainer with her own company in the United States, going on to become an accountant. She travels extensively around the world in search for new material for her next novels.


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25866732-the-snowboat?from_search=true&search_version=service

  



- Copyright © 2013-2014 Brook Cottage Books - Powered by Blogger - Graphics & Blog Customization by JellydogDesign